Bosch GLL 3-80 3 Plane Leveling Alignment Laser with BM1 Positioning Device Review
The GLL3-80 is an ideal tool for professionals who deal with installing doors, windows, cabinets, wall alignment or any other job related with layout mapping. The 2 vertical lines and 1 horizontal line give a full 360 degrees cover. The lines can either be projected together or independently, depending on your job requirements. Equipped with a sensible pendulum, the speaker will let you know if you are within the right or wrong level. The power source is in the 4 AA batteries which leaves you unconcerned about power supply. The batteries activity can go up to 18 hours as they only supply energy for the volume of the speaker and the light of the lasers.
Note: This is one of the best laser levels I have ever used, I have been using this for the last 3 years and it has never caused me any problems. I would highly recommend this to everyone!
Specifications of Bosch GLL 3-80
With a range of visibility extended up to 65 feet, the Bosh GLL3-80 has an accuracy of ±1/4 inches. Its self-leveling laser can raise up to 4 degrees with an easy setup. It is equipped with two wall mount which allows the user to set it up the tripod in various manners. Having only one button function, using the tool becomes a very easy task. The equipment weighs no more than 5 pounds with a dimension of 18.5 x 14.5 x 6 inches.
Pros of Bosch GLL 3-80
- 360º laser (with 2 vertical and one horizontal lines)
- Easy to use (one button function)
- Out of level indicator (speaker)
- Able to be set for angles
- Reasonable price (comparing to other self-leveling tools)
- Relatively bulky (in relation to other portable lasers)
- Not perfectly leveled (accuracy is within the acceptable range)
- Warranty is very limited (doesn’t cover calibration damage)